Looking forward to Volunteer with Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra?
If yes, please go through the points mentioned below
We look out for individuals having a keen interest and curious minds in wildlife and environmental conservation to work as volunteers with us. Please note that we are currently focusing our efforts on Pangolin Conservation and propagation. SNM will not provide any stipend to the individuals during the period of volunteering. Volunteers have to bear all the expenses. Please check out the following points to evaluate whether you fit in our criteria of volunteering.
You can work from home on the following points
1) painting a picture of Chinese Pangolin as per our instructions
- You will have to commit 6-8 hours daily for the work at SNM’s Chiplun office.
- You may not be having strict working hours if you are working on field.
- The office work would involve general office administration, maintaining the e-library of photos as well as library of references and some field guides and some work pertaining to data entry of the ongoing projects.
- You may be asked to maintain the AV library as well.
- You can also assist us in designing outreach materials like posters, banners, leaflets, story books etc.
- Individuals with good writing skills can get involved with updating our website or android apps for specific purposes. Skills in film-making, editing, writing etc. would be an added advantage.
- SNM regularly conducts field studies in the coastal regions of Maharashtra as well as in the Sahyadri Mountain Ranges. If you are interested to join the team working on field, a prior field experience and an ability to survive on field under basic conditions is a must. You may be asked to collect some field data or interview a few locals for the organization’s research purposes. You may also be asked to provide logistic support during various awareness campaigns conducted by SNM.
- Initially, the travel (to and fro from hometown and the local travel), food and accommodation expenses incurred during the volunteering shall be borne entirely by the individuals, if working at the SNM’s office. However, SNM’s staff will guide you for reaching the Chiplun office and places of accommodation nearby. If working on field, the costs of local travel, food and accommodation would be taken care of. Depending on your potential, dedicative efforts towards the work and an ability to commit for long-term duration, SNM may later pay for your local travel, food and accommodation expenses.
- The individual should be completely devoted towards the work assigned to him/her and should finish it within the given time frame.
- SNM will not provide any stipend to the individuals during the period of volunteering.
- In case you want to work remotely for us on film-making, designing outreach material etc., kindly let us know. We can discuss and decide the further work-flow.
In case you feel that you fit in the above criteria,
please feel free to fill this
Volunteer Application form
If our team perceives your eligibility, we would further communicate about it.
SNM always welcomes innovative ideas from anyone for their projects. If you have any such ideas for protecting our environment, please feel free to share them along with your detailed CV and contact details. We look forward to welcome you aboard to start with a beautiful yet challenging journey of environmental conservation.